Sunday School for the 2023-2024 offers some new opportunities for learning on all levels. Here is what we are offering for young folks ages 3 through high school:
- A class for 3 and 4 year olds called Wee Wonder will be offered after worship from 10:15-11:00. The class is a chance to explore God’s world and nurture childrens’ relationship with a loving Creator. They will experience the love of this community in a safe and caring environment.
- A second class, Godly Play, is offered for students in kindergarten through 6th grade. The class reflects on key bible stories and provides students with the ability to think and communicate their own understanding of the faith. It also meets after worship from 10:15-11:00. We have some volunteers being trained in Godly Play, and thanks to some generous volunteers, we have a Godly Play classroom that includes new shelving and Godly Play bible characters – and even a replica of Noah’s Ark. Stop in and check it out!
- A new class this year is “Ukulele Sunday School.” We have been gifted a set of ukuleles which we’ll use in this new class. It’s for grades 4 and up. The goal is to learn the basics of the instrument and learn music which we can occasionally include in our Sunday worship.
- Confirmation for students in grades 7 and 8 starts on September 20, with a field trip to Lakeland University. A special confirmation presentation will be made that night, with music by Rev. Jacob Nault. Regular classes start on the 27th of the month. Confirmation meets on Wednesday nights from 6-7. Every third Wednesday is Mentor’s night.
- Finally, Gen G is a casual grouping for high school students to share their experiences as young Christians and reflect on what that means as they enter adulthood. Typically meeting on Wednesday evenings from 7-8 pm; however, this group is currently on pause. See Pastor Colie with questions.
To kickoff Christian Education, we’re having two special events:
For Sunday School, on Sunday, September 17, we’re having breakfast in the Fellowship Hall for all Sunday School families after worship. ALL members of the family are invited, and we’ll explain a bit more about Sunday School, answer any questions, and sign up for classes.
For Confirmation (7th/8th grade) and Gen G (9th-12th grade), we’ll have a full dinner together on Wednesday, September 13 at 6:00 pm All members of the family are invited, and we’ll explain what’s happening this year in both of those programs.